SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sundownr

Would you buy this chandelier for bathroom . . and other question

sundownr
14 years ago

I'm just starting to remodel our 1950's bathroom. It's a total gut and remodel because we are stealing closets from rooms on each side of it to make it a full 8-1/2' wide (12' long). (Not to mention there's nothing worth saving.)

This is the inspiration photo

{{gwi:1426904}}

Obviously this bathroom is much larger than mine but my idea is to have a 36-42" vanity on the left, and the toilet on the right (behind a 1/2 or 3/4 wall, no door, and it will face the shower area) and then a free standing tub with a tile half-wall behind it and the shower behind that wall. Since I don't have room to enter the shower on both sides like the inspiration room, the tile wall behind the tub will go all the way to the wall on the left and we will enter the shower from the right.

I'll probably get this tub. If anyone knows a good source for this tub (cheap-ish source), please share. :)

{{gwi:1493917}}

I haven't picked the bathroom cabinet yet but I plan to do a matte black tile floor and white, smooth sheetrock walls with a wide black chair rail that goes completely around the room. At the tile store I saw some beautiful 1" tiles that are 6 different shades of white with two or three of those shades being iridescent. The tiles also come in black. The contractor said he can make the chair rail out of wood molding and inset the white tiles beneath that and then a black pencil rail below that. I'm guessing it will be 6 or 8". I've thought of painting the ceiling black but haven't decided yet (9' ceiling). The field tiles in the shower will probably be larger white tiles (maybe 6 x 8"). I'm guessing I'll probably want to use some of the 1" white tiles on the back shower wall like the one in the inspiration photo. And maybe carry the black chair rail into the shower area with the black iridescent tiles?? Oooh, I just googled and found tile similar to what I'm talking about but the one I like is just shades of white (or black) but they are cut uneven like these are.

{{gwi:1493920}}

And finally - my question! I saw a capiz shell chandelier similar to this and wondered if it would look good hanging above the tub. The one I saw is a rectangle and I think the dimensions were 15x30 and 15" tall.

Any and all comments on what you think of these ideas for this bathroom would be greatly appreciated. I am not a designer and don't have that flair that so many of you have and I would love your input. I've been thinking about what to do in this bathroom for weeks/months and have had dozens of ideas and could never make up my mind. Well, I did but kept changing it. This plan just popped in my head Friday night when the contractor was over here and I think I want to run with it. What do you think? BTW, this is the hall/guest bath and the only bathroom with a tub so I don't want to eliminate it.

Thanks!

{{gwi:1493921}}

Comments (8)