SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sjblick

A tile saga and great customer service story.

sjblick
14 years ago

I just have to tell this story.

Several week ago we were finishing up our master bathroom and the GC was getting out the 4X4 glass tile for the backsplash on the vanity. He called me up and I could tell by his voice he wasn't happy. The tile we had ordered was a completely different shade from the original sample I had ordered. I stood and tried to talk myself into it - but it was completely wrong with the paint color and he finally said to me - I'm not going to install that. He's such a gem!

So I spent the weekend looking for a replacement tile and during that process, realized that the sample tile I had recieved from the web site also didn't match the display boards for the same company -the display boards looked like the tile they had shipped but not like my sample. We tried a different tile brand and had a similar issue - what came in wasn't the same as what was on their display board. Now it wasn't that different but our paint color was almost the same color as the original sample and so once we realized the original sample was what was different my darling DH stepped in.

He called their customer service line and talked them into sending us 4 more samples. When they came in we were very excited because they were the correct color! So they offered to ship us 15 more. We only needed 19 total. So they sent 15 more - FREE. And I sat down and wanted to give up because that set of tiles were NOT the right color.

So my DH called again and this same wonderful customer service person said - send me one of the tiles that is the right color and I will make sure you get the tile. So we shipped them a tile and they overnighted 20 tiles FREE. And they are the right color - finally!!

American Olean - what a great job. And of course my charming, very persistent DH!

Comments (5)