SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alongcame4

Samsung or Electrolux side by side refrigerator?

alongcame4
14 years ago

I'm down to the final stages here with planning my kitchen remodel. I've read and searched and read some more, all through this forum and have been helped so much by all the information here. Taking into consideration our budget, our neighborhood, ROI, etc, we've decided on a GE Cafe range, a Faber 30" range hood, a Bosch dishwasher, and the last decision is the fridge. I definitely want a counter depth SxS and the kids (4 of them, only 2 who actually have an opinion yet) want ice and water in the door. Hence, I've decided against a FD b/c I don't like all the space lost in the fridge due to the ice maker.

The Elextrolux EI23CS55GS... Pros: Fully adjustable and slide out shelves, ice maker in the freezer compartment makes ice faster, like the layout of the drawers in the freezer. Cons: Ice maker in the freezer compartment seems to take up more space, fridge shelves are NOT spill-proof.

The Samsung RSG257AARS... Pros: Twin cooling system, spill proof shelves, tower light, good freezer space, cheaper than the Electrolux. Cons: Ice maker on the door gives it a rep for being slow with making ice, shelves don't slide out, shelves can't be repositioned.

Anyone have any experience with either of these? I read somewhere on here a reference to problems with Elextrolux freezing compartments, but couldn't find any specifics.

Thanks! ~Julie

Comments (5)