SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thetews

Just updated my powder room - pics

thetews
16 years ago

I just updated my powder room. It had an old cheap looking vanity, a very ugly light, outdated wallpaper, a horrendously loud vent fan, and a toilet that needed to be plunged whenever my mother-in-law visited.

I removed everything including the wallpaper, painted the ceiling white (it had been white, but had yellowed), painted the walls and applied a very subtle faux finish with glaze. I replaced the fan unit (but not the box), installed a new vanity from Costco with granite countertop and porcelain sink, and a matching mirror. We replaced the toilet with a AS Cadet 3, elongated, comfort height (yay!) and installed new brushed nickel faucet and light fixture and new brushed nickel towel holder and tp holder. I also removed the door, lightly sanded it and painted it glossy white, and I painted the door trim and new baseboard the same. Also installed new quarter-round. Only think I replaced were the nice white ceramic light switch and outlet covers. I still need to get a nice soap dish and lotion dispenser, which I'll look for this weekend.

I think it came out really great. Sooooo much better than before. Here are a couple of pictures. The walls are actually a light chocolate, not quite like they look in the pictures. I wish there weren't so many reflections in the pictures, but I'm not sure how to avoid that.

Next week I'm going to start a similarly minor update to the upstairs hallway bath, and in January it'll be a total gut and re-do of the master bath.

My updated powder room:

Comments (6)