SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ncamy_gw

How many valves and handles will I need?

ncamy
14 years ago

OK some basic dumbness shining through here but I want to have a little understanding before I go into a plumbing store to get quotes. I am going to have a rather large shower (4 x 7) with three fixtures: a fixed shower head, three body sprays and a hand-held on a slider. I definitely need to operate each of the three systems separately because I don't always want to run them all at the same time. I would prefer to be able to set them at different temperatures if that wouldn't be too expensive. I don't care about having any kind of temperature memory system. Or if I have to "link" two of the systems, then the body sprays and the hand-held could be the same temperature so long as I can use them independently of one another (for example run the sprays but turn the hand-held off.) Will it really be more expensive to have a separate control for each system? Or is it more expensive to have one of those thermostatic valves (which I think is the memory thing that I really don't want/need.) What do I really need? I don't want the plumbing sales people to think that just because I have a large shower I should put in all the latest top of the line features and gizmos.

Comments (2)