SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
njbuilding143

Master Suite with its own HVAC system?

njbuilding143
9 years ago

We were talking with the guy we plan to use for building our home and he commented on putting a separate HVAC system for the master suite.. This would essentially control the master bedroom, master bathroom, and walkin master closet which is pretty much the entire half of the top floor of the home.. His reasoning is that since we plan on having kids very soon then I would be better off having separate control over the master bedroom area rather then adjusting for others in the house.. Just wanted to see if this was a common thing to do and if many people on here did the same..

I also feel like this is going to lead to a bigger expense then what is needed.. We are planning on finishing the basement so with that in mind we would have 4 HVAC units: 1 for basement, 1 for 1st floor, 1 for second floor, 1 for second floor master suite.. Unless they tie in the basement to the first floor's unit.. The house is a 2800sq ft home (4226 if you include basement) I just feel like two units on the same floor is going to be overkill and unless you are keeping the door shut all the time then then each unit is going to be fighting with each other if they are set on different temps..

Comments (13)