SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennole03

Showstopping bathroom tile - need advice on other design elements

Jenny H.
10 years ago

Hi! Long time lurker, first time poster here.

My husband and I are embarking on our first master bath remodel and finally found a tile we could both agree on - Mission Stone and Tile's Hex Appeal (photo attached). I wanted a tile that was real stone and with a hex pattern to keep with the age of our home, a 1950's bungalow. My original vision was a 5-inch carrara marble hex with a weathered wood vanity and white subway tile in the shower. However, my husband wanted something with a bit more pizzazz and he loves contrast. We saw the Hex Appeal tile this weekend and went for it - bought 85 square feet to cover our entire master bathroom floor. We LOVE it and it speaks to both of our aesthetics... BUT now I'm having trouble designing around such a graphic, statement tile and working it into the overall design of our home - neutral, calming, Scandinavian, mid-century bungalow. Any suggestions on vanity finish, hardware finish, paint colors, shower tile, etc? This is a full gut job so all ideas are welcome. We plan to install a double vanity and a large walk-in shower with dual shower heads - no tub.

We love grays, blues, greens, golds and lots of natural texture if that helps at all!

Any ideas???

Comments (19)