SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
homebound_gw

FireFox 3.5.1

14 years ago

Firefox 3.1 - 3.2 (or whatever the exact numbers were) had been crashing a bit too much lately, so I decided to upgrade to the latest one, which claims to be "twice as fast". That sounded great, but after installing it, it notified me that AdBlock Plus is no longer supported and then it got uninstalled. I don't see an extension that would be an apparent replacement. Any ideas?

Comments (7)

• 14 years ago

I am using FireFox 3.5.1 with adblock plus and it is working fine. Re-install it and make sure you get the latest version.

• 14 years ago

Thanks.

I should have been more specific: the Filterset G updater won't be working, due to their subscription fee or something. I think that was synonymous with the "Easylist" subscription, but not sure.

Anyhow, I will reinstall and try to find a working subscription to keep it updated.

• 14 years ago

Rick the creator of the easylist recently passed away but it will/has been taken over by others and should be available and working. I use it on all my adblock plus addons. I also use his easylist privacy add on
    Rick752's EasyList Subscriptions

• 14 years ago

Here's the link for subscribing to Easylist USA. It works fine with the newest firefox.

Here is a link that might be useful: easylist

• 14 years ago

Looks like it's not really being supported. In Firefox, if you look at Tools > Add-on's > Ad-block Plus > Options > and then Filters > Add Filters Subscription, there's some info that refers to what I mean. But we'll have to wait and see if someone starts paying attention to it again, I suppose.

• 14 years ago

Thanks for that last link. Looks like it might be the answer, as it seems to be a different "EasyList".

• 14 years ago

Ok, I think I get it now. You DO use the EasyList subscription, but you uninstall Filterset G, as recommended. More info on that in the FAQ's on the EasyList Website that bob414 provided.

Thanks all.