SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chloenkitty_gw

Tile disaster in new build

chloenkitty
9 years ago

It was suggested in home dec forum I bring this to the tile experts in the bathroom forum, so here is goes and thank you.

I purchased a cararra marble mosaic floor tile for the powder room in my new build. The builder recently installed it and I am not happy with it at all. It was not cleaned much after being grouted it and it had dirt on it and was walked on. It was never sealed even though I asked it to be right away, therefore, the dirt and scratches are obvious. some of the tile is uneven and lifted, you could stub your toe on it. Some grout lines are much wider than others and I'm just not happy with it. I don't know what to do. There are some areas where I cannot get the grout off the tile at all. I was thinking of giving the builder a chance to correct it but I don't know if scratched marble tile can be corrected. And what about the pieces of the tile that are sticking up higher than others? Once something like this is tiled I cant imagine being able to get just a piece here or there wedged out of the floor. Would a high-gloss sealer help it look better if the builder can get the grout up and it properly cleaned? Perhaps I have no choice but to have him take it out and replace it. If so, can someone recommend a polished porcelain Carrara in. 12x12 or 18x18 (or similar) I'm concerned.
In the pic I'm attaching, you can see all the flubs. Pieces of the petals (it's like a flower motif) not straightened properly on the mesh so the grout is wider hardened, messy grout, improper cuts, etc. Thank you

Comments (13)