SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bishop8_gw

36' frameless induction cooktop for flush mount

bishop8
13 years ago

I've been looking for a frameless 36" induction cooktop to mount flush with the counter. So far, the only ones I've managed to find are:

- Wolf

- Miele

- Gaggenau

- GE Profile/Monogram

The first 3 are pricey, and the last I worry a little about QC/reliability. I think Fagor is frameless and sits ~1/4" up on the countertop, so that's close (but it cannot be flush-mounted).

Of the lot, I think I prefer the Wolf the most. It needs just over 6" clearance, so there may be some minor rejigging of the cabinetry underneath, but we found the controls very easy, and the patterning on the ceran top looked nice and (hopefully) would help hide any scratches.

Any others to consider that I might have missed?

As an aside, I have a mini-rant -- While I'm appreciative of all the information here (and I should never look a gift horse in the mouth), this forum technically has to be the worst platform I've ever used. I originally posted this in another thread dating to 2008:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/appl/msg07080137754.html

But my comment doesn't bring the thread to the front, and the only way I was actually able to even find that thread was through a google search. Go figure.

Comments (49)