SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yoda888

48' GE Monogram built-in frig -- GE customer service kicks arse..

yoda888
12 years ago

All,

Just wanted to post as I'm a long time lurker and random poster. Been busy with work and all and haven't had time to post about anything in a long time.

Anyhow, I wanted to say that I have a 48" built in monogram refrigerator. From day one, the freezer door would "sweat" and drip water onto our floors. We didn't notice this initially and the water sat on our hardwood floor for a little bit. The floor is showing a little bit of damage and GE has offered to have it fixed on their dime. I will take them up on this offer after the frig issue is resolved first.

I've been talking to GE and they've been sending out their local techs. I've also talked to one of their senior engineers somewhere out east multiple times. This senior engineer gave me his direct line for follow-up and further questions! They've replaced some parts and the problem is still there.

Today I get a call from GE Monogram saying they're going to replace my unit with a new one. They'll take care of delivery/install, etc.

I will say it's been somewhat frustrating with this experience. However, I fully understand that it's not going to be perfect. I fully understand that there's always a chance you get a defective unit. It just happens.

What has been great is their customer service. They contact me and update me pretty consistently.

What happens after the defect is found is what matters to me. They have been great to deal with. They have showed they care about me as the customer. They haven't hemmed and hawed about stuff at all.

I'll update this thread (if i can find it) after the new frig is swapped in and up and running. I'm confident we just got a defective one since my co-worker has the same frig and he has been 100% happy with it.

Comments (2)