SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dkotov

Ferguson Mirabelle 60x30 vs Azzura Adora vs Maxx Rubix 60 x32?

Denitza Kotov
9 years ago

Need help please - looking for a square modern tub and those are probably my top 3 choices for right now. I need 60x30 or 60x32 tub.

Please share your experiences - good or bad? Thank you!

Comments (149)

• aniawin
    7 years ago

We just went floor tile to wall tile..... I imagine there is a continuous stone that can be used and maybe finished with a Schluter strip?

• Denitza Kotov
    Original Author
    7 years ago

So there is no gap there between the tiles? I guess my situation is different with wall painted and floor tile - I need some type of plain wood modern baseboard maybe :) thank you for sharing! I have another question: how many recessed lights you put in the bathrooms? Thank you for your help!

• btalav
    7 years ago

aniawin, you have been so helpful! I'm hoping you could tell me what the actual water depth to the overflow is on the rubix? The specs are bit confusing to me. Also what toilet did you use in the bathroom with the shower/tub combo? Oh and one more thing, where did you purchase the glass door for the the tub? Thank you!

• aniawin
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

@dkotov We put only one in the center and I HATE IT!! It totally casts a shadow on my face.... even though I have a light over the recessed medicine cabinet. I would do four, smaller lights, in my instance. As for the moulding, just get a flat moulding.... we used it around out doors and it looks warm but modern. Check out this one.... it is a door casing but would prob work great....

http://www.dykeslumber.com/lumber_products/254-casing-1116-x-3-58/ I

Denitza Kotov thanked aniawin
  • aniawin
    7 years ago

@btalav Hi! My pleasure.

The water depth to the overflow is at least 13-1/2". Note it takes some time to fill b/c it is so deep.

P.S. We used this overflow trim: http://www.amazon.com/Geberit-151-550-11-1-Traditional-Plastic-TurnControl/dp/B0042ONKHA/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1461107079&sr=8-6&keywords=geberit+overflow

If you get the tub and want me to look it up, I can confirm which rough in we used.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The toilet is by Blu Bathworks. The only have one freestanding model. We love it. http://www.blubathworks.com/products/categories/toilets-bidets/freestanding/lf1062/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The glass doors were by a local contractor/friend, custom fitted. Sorry I cannot help with that one!

Denitza Kotov thanked aniawin
  • Denitza Kotov
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thank you - great info! I'm still debating whether we should go with wall mounted or regular toilet - the space is small and I don't want to clean :)

• aniawin
    7 years ago

@dkotov lol If the space is small, go wall mounted. It is pricier than an average free standing toilet, but we LOVE ours in the smaller bathroom. And it looks awesome.

• btalav
    7 years ago

Thank you for the great info aniawin. It looks like I might end up with a Jacuzzi linea w/o jets just because it took so long for me to decide. I can't wait 4 more weeks to order in the Maax. I had no idea how much time and research it took to buy a tub!

• btalav
    7 years ago

anaiwin, just in case I might be able to get the Maax on time, is there a comfortable slope to the back of the the tub?

• Modesta As
    7 years ago

Bergiesgirl, i believe Ferguson is open today even with the holiday so
    good luck! Stay positive :) It will get ordered... Think of how lucky we
    are that this is a problem :) http://leoviral.com

• Denitza Kotov
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Good luck with your order!

Could everybody share which brand you are/were considering for bathroom accessories - solid, heavy towel bars, hooks etc. there are so many and l'm not sure where to start from :) thank you!

• aniawin
    7 years ago

@btalav Yes... I like the fit and feel of it very much :)

• Denitza Kotov
    Original Author
    7 years ago

@Bergiesgirl: What was the issue with the 20" tall Maxx? I'm debating between 18" and 20" and cannot find a showroom to see them and compare. Thank you!

• aniawin
    7 years ago

@dkotov If I may, the 18" is really deep and I feel sufficient for baths. See if you can find ANY 20" tub to compare the step in height, I am 5'6" and the 2" difference made it uncomfortable for me to step into the tub. Be cautious of the single or double flange tiling option also. I had to educate my Ferguson rep on that one!

• Denitza Kotov
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Yes, I'm a short person :) so I think the 20'' would be a challenge :) and getting older.

The next question is 30'' or 32" - are the 2'' really making a difference? Thank you for all your help!

• btalav
    7 years ago

Hope you don't mind me chiming in, but bathtubs are all over the board when it comes to the basin width. Check the specs for the basin bottom and top width. For instance, the 30" Kohler Archer has the same width inside ( 19") as the 32" because they put those teeny "arm" rests in the 32". The Jacuzzi Linea that I'm looking at looks like the Rubix and has a basin bottom width of 23" so much more room than the Archer. The Mirabelle edenton 32" has a basin width of 19.25 and is roomier than the Bradenton 21" because it doesn't have armrests, which I feel are useless. The sales lady also told me there have been complaints that the Edenton leaves water in the basin when it drains. I'm only considering the Linea because of timing but my gut is telling me to wait for the Rubix since there is a live person (aniawin) who has recommended it. I can't find any credible reviews on the Linea. Argh! it shouldn't be this hard!

Denitza Kotov thanked btalav
  • btalav
    7 years ago

Are you referring to the American Standard Cambridge? If so, same here! great in every way EXCEPT the Americast, everything I have read said stay away. Makes me wonder why it still gets such great reviews on Amazon and other places? You may want to look at the Linea w/o jets just a soaker tub, apparently it's made exclusively for Ferguson? I called Jacuzzi today and they confirmed what Ferguson told me that it has a 17" water depth which sounds crazy since the overall height is 18"?!! Don't know that I need that much water, might need a snorkel, haha.

• aniawin
    7 years ago

I hated the Kohler Archer, too!!

• aniawin
    7 years ago

If you get the Maax, go 32 over 30 if you have the room.

• btalav
    7 years ago

I found a Rubix and it's in stock! I'm so excited! Unfortunately, I have to get the 30 because I don't have the room for the 32, I could, but it would be cramped. It looks like the 30" is still 2" wider than the Archer though. You are right @aniawin it's beautiful!

• hedygs
    7 years ago

We ended up using the Jacuzzi Linea 60x32x19.5. Love this tub. Probably even more then then HydroSystem Sydney that came in the wrong size. We thought we might have to bump out the wall to accommodate the 32 but it was not necessary. All in all, very happy with the bathroom and most of my choices. If I figure out how to post pictures, I will.

• aniawin
    7 years ago

@btalav I'm so excited for you :) it's a great looking tub. Congrats!

• Denitza Kotov
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Congrats!

• Denitza Kotov
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Hello everyone, I'm almost ready to order the Maax but where do you specify the single tile flange - I don't see an option for that online ( is the SKU different for the single one ) - thank you for sharing! looking at facetstop website:Specifications» Maax Rubix 60 " x 32 " x 18 " Bathtub W/ Right Hand Drain
    » Water Capacity (Max, Min): 51 G
    » Unique feature: Narrow end decks, long bathing well and smooth bottom
    » Cubic design
    » Integrated flat apron and tiling flange (single)
    » Above the floor rough available on all sizes
    » Alcove installation
    » Tiling Flange
    » Above-the-floor rough (AFR)
    » Style: Professional

• btalav
    7 years ago

dkotov, I don't think the the double flange is available outside of Canada I remember when I was looking and clicked on the double flange option it said it wasn't available.

• Denitza Kotov
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I got it so whatever it's available in US is only single tile flange? Thank you btalav! I called a couple of stores and ask them the question and they don't know what I'm talking about.

• Denitza Kotov
    Original Author
    7 years ago

@btalav where did you buy yours? Local or web?

• btalav
    7 years ago

I found one locally, it's a very popular tub as the woman told me they ordered a whole shipment of them and she sold all but a few and only had one 30" left! Funny thing was, it was a small plumbing store that had it. The city I live in has quite a few larger stores like Fergusons, but nobody had it except this small out of the way place. You might try just calling around to some of the smaller places in your area, who knows, right? Good Luck!

• Denitza Kotov
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Ordered and paidWent to a small not fancy local plumbing store total $596 with home delivery and incl taxes. One thing checked. Hopefully they ordered the right tub

• Denitza Kotov
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I'm in big trouble... Contractor opened the box today to measure the tub and it's 30'' instead of 32" - how this is possible? The box states 32" I didn't even bother to measure when we got it... the # is 105705 which is correct - not sure what to do...

• btalav
    6 years ago

@aniawin or @dkotov any feedback on your Maax Rubix tubs? I ran into a snag last year and was unable to move forward with the remodel, but I am starting back up again and I thought since you both have had some time to use yours I was wondering if you had any cons/pros to share? I have heard that maybe they scratch easily? I would appreciate any guidance since I am back in the market of buying one!

• Denitza Kotov
    Original Author
    6 years ago

yes, we finished the remodel - I like the tub a lot. Initially they sent me the wrong size, there was a little bit of a drama but as far as the tub its self I like it a lot. Don't see any scratches so far...

• Denitza Kotov
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Our space is very small so it worked for us

• Denitza Kotov
    Original Author
    6 years ago

• Denitza Kotov
    Original Author
    6 years ago

• Denitza Kotov
    Original Author
    6 years ago

• btalav
    6 years ago

Thank you @dkotov Your remodel looks beautiful! Our bathroom is pretty small as well. May I ask if your installer put a mortar base under it? Also, did you get the 18" height? I love the vanity and glass shower door! Did the glass door need to be custom done for you? Sorry about so many questions, I'm going through analysis paralysis at this point and just need to make a decision, Haha!

• Denitza Kotov
    Original Author
    6 years ago

60x32x19 - these are the actual measurements

• Denitza Kotov
    Original Author
    6 years ago

the glass door us custom

• Denitza Kotov
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Frankly, I'm not sure about the mortar base - I think no

• aniawin
    6 years ago

@btalav We did not use a mortar base with our tub, either. @dkotov Beautiful bathroom!!

• btalav
    6 years ago

Thank you both @dkotov and @aniawin for helping me out! @aniawin since you have had yours for awhile are you still happy with your decision on the Rubix as well? Without the mortar base I assume it feels solid?

• aniawin
    6 years ago

It feels totally fine without the mortar base. Keep in mind that it IS plastic and if you push on the sides, there is a little "give" but it's not cast iron, so to be expected. I love the look of it, but to me it feels like it retains dirt more than other tubs, because it is plastic. I feel like I want to scrub it after every bath, as opposed to just rinsing/quickly wiping it and then scrubbing every week. But the overall clean lines look of it is amazing and I did not see any other tubs that I liked as much. I think we covered this in upper convos but remember that there are two heights (we chose the lower one and I would stick with that as it feels more standard. And the other thing is that it comes with a single or double tiling flange. If you need more info on that let me know, and I will give you more details.

• btalav
    6 years ago

Yes I would like more info on the tiling flange if you wouldn't mind. Any info is appreciated and you both have been so helpful! I am planning on the lower height, I figured the taller one would be a bit difficult to step out of. I've done a ton of research and I think that most all tubs are made of acrylic (unless you go for cast iron) and with acrylic you get that plastic-y feel as long as it doesn't pop and buckle when you step into it, I think I can live with it. I do love the looks of it, the only thing that compares is the new Kohler Underscore but it has a lumbar support which could be annoying and a textured bottom which I hear is hard to keep clean. Thank you again for your help!

• Diana Drobnica
    6 years ago

This has been such an informative thread. You have really helped me a great deal in choosing a tub. Just wanted to mention that the Maax Rubix now makes a tub with a choice of a 14" or 16" deck as well. It is the Rubix Access 6030.

• dlg71261
    5 years ago

I too am trying to decide on Maax Rubix 6030 or 6032 . Husband takes bath everyday and wondering how sturdy it is and if anyone has had problems with water pooling along the wall when showering .

also bergiegirl would love to know what toilet you used in your renovation. Love the traditional lines

• AC inTN
    last year

Denitza Kotov

I realized this is an old thread but I trying to dig deep and ask if you are still happy with your bathtub?  I am also considering the Maxx Rubix or another Maxx tub. I only can afford to remodel once:). 

I am also interested in your textured tile. I have been advised not to use a textile-type due to difficult to clean and it is easier for mold to build up. How happy are you with the tile thus far?

Thank you

• Denitza Kotov
    Original Author
    last year

Yes, we‘re happy worn the tub and tile is fabulous 😉let me know if any specific questions - we just finished a second remodel of the other bathroom.

• Denitza Kotov
    Original Author
    last year

Here you go

Sponsored
Kwon Contracting
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Loudoun County, VA