SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arich69

experience with "new" Bosch DW's versus older versions

First off, I would like to say thank you to all the contributors to this forum. It has been ever so helpful as I attempt to make my way through appliance selections for a new home.
According to my salesperson, Bosch has recently released some newer models (SHX65T55UC, SHX68T55UC, SHX7PT55UC) that he claims are more well-received by consumers in terms of the not-drying complaints. He said he has never really received any of the odor complaints that I also see so widely written about.

I was just wondering if there are any owners of the "new" Bosch 24" DW with 3rd rack that can attest to consistently having "dry" dishes. I understand how the European models work without a heating element and I don't mind a few drops wettling on the tops of coffee mugs, etc. but one of my pet peeves for DW is having to hand dry utensils or tupperware lids.

My challenge is if I don't go with Bosch I don't think my budget can afford a DW with 3rd rack (which I really want but not at the expense of not dry dishes). Miele is out of range and frankly so are the KA's with 3rd rack (I'm seeing like $1,500 retail) and people with those complain about noise.

Comments (15)