SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
olga_6b

Dishwasher advice

olga_6b
13 years ago

I am not sure my question can be posted here. Please excuse me if I am wrong. Probably you can steer me in right direction. I am an active member of garden forums for many years (roses, daylilies, orchard, etc), but never poseted here.

Last December we bought a new Kenmore Elite diswasher. It is still on warranty. In early August it stopped working. We called Sears, waited three weeks and the master came only to tell us that the whole electronic panel is dead and they need to order the new one. It will be ordered by Sears and delivered to our home in 3-4 days. When some time passed and nothing came, we called Sears again and they told us (very politely) that the part is on backorder and will be available at earliest after October 29th, could be later. At this point (in November hopefully)we should call Sears again and make an appointment for the part installation. This is an awfully long time to wait for dishwasher on warranty to be repaired. I have a family, it is really quite inconvinient.

Did anybody else experience something similar? What did you do in this situation. I understd that if part is not available, Sears can't do much now in terms of repair, but still I feel something can be done (loner dishwasher, offer to exchange for new one with some additional paiment from our side, etc). This just doesn't sound right that if you have a warranty there are no mechanism to get what you paid for earlier.

Olga

Comments (6)