SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
squwhat_gw

Towel bar placement suggestions?

squwhat
15 years ago

I just recently found GW while searching for kitchen appliance reviews. What an absolutely awesome forum! This is my first post, so please bear with me.

We just recently completed the majority of a bathroom remodel project. It is now down to those little details. My SO and I just can't agree on some of the finishing touches.

I purchased American Standard Williamsburg accessories in chrome and porcelain to coordinate with the bathtub fixtures. The combination has since been discontinued in the chrome/porcelain combo so additional matching pieces are no longer available. We have the 24" towel bar, towel ring, and robe hook.

There is little to no space between the shower curtain and wall at the head of the tub. I will be either purchasing or making a fabric curtain to cover the plastic liner since I am not a fan of vinyl. This will further reduce any space. The bracket for the shower enclosure is centered on the wall at 20". Therefore I don't think the 24"towel bar would look good there either. Unless one of my kids moves back into the house, the tub will not be used on a regular basis. I was thinking the robe hook, placed on the beadboard trim at the wall corner, would suffice in holding any towel that would be required for either the tub or shower.

The wall to the left of the vanity is the best location for any towels that would be required for drying hands after using the sink. This is where I thought the towel bar might look best. I love the towel ring but I think the space needs something more substantial. In addition, both the towel ring and the robe hook are similar in size. I just think the scale would be off with them so close to each other.

My SO would like to place the towel bar on the wall opposite the toilet. I was considering placing a large picture and cabinet piece on this wall to offset the weight and color of the vanity.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

This links to pictures of my guest bath.

Comments (2)