SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dragonfly_

Unfinished Home

dragonfly_
16 years ago

We moved in our new home the end of June, but that is not where the story ends. Somehow the contractors were able to get an OP without finishing. I am sure they had the best story to sell to the building inspector and he bought it. Here we are more than a month later with nothing else done to our home and they are not returning calls.

The pex for the radiant heat is still hanging in the cellar. The boiler is not hooked up. No AC unit, central vac is not connected....I can go on and on. What a mess to deal with. Lately, it seems that I am facing unreliable workers everywhere I turn. The flooring in my Master Bath needs to be replaced due to the wrong flooring installed. The flooring contractors stated they would replace it, but they have not shown up for two scheduled appointments.

An attorney advised us to send a letter to the contractors to state that the remaining work will be done by a specific date or the job would be considered abandoned. That is done now we move forward to pick up the pieces to finish our house.

On a positive note.....we love our home. We would love it more if it were finished.

Comments (7)