SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crazyhouse6_gw

Brazilian teak/cumaru floor - stability ? Please help...

crazyhouse6
15 years ago

Please help... I love the look of brazilian teak (cumaru) and have seen several gorgeous photos on GW (gardenchick1, Lindybarts, vfish, polkadots, and more) but am nervous about putting it in our new home. Our builder and flooring supplier both expressed concerns about the stability, although it appears to be average on the stability charts and very hard. We live in MN, w/ major changes in temp. and humidity (we will have ac & humidity control unit in home). We have 4 young children and a big, overweight dog, so we need a very durable floor. The only installed BT floor I have seen locally had several major gaps in it. I love this floor, but don't want to regret having it installed against the "warnings" of the "experts." Any advice from others who have experience with BT would be appreciated.

I posted this on the flooring forum and was reminded to make sure that it is not sourced illegally, (thanks flooringguy for bringing to my attention) but I didn't hear from anyone regarding any gaps or positive reviews.

Thanks!

Comments (8)