SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrewkuhn

Why Are Built-In Range Inserts All So Shallow?!?

Andrew K.
9 years ago

All,

First off, I have to start by saying thank you. I'm in the beginning stages of a very large renovation/addition to create "the dream home" for my wife to start and raise our family in (going from 1200sq. ft 2bed 1 bath bungalow to 3000sq. ft 4 bed/3.5bath) so to say we're excited/enjoying the process is an understatement.

We both love to cook and entertain/live in the kitchen area so this forum has been INVALUABLE in my research. (I've prob got 30+ hours in this forum in the past 2 weeks alone).

The last piece is the proper ventilation of our planned 48" BlueStar Platinum Range. We prefer the look of a built-in cabinet insert for our traditional style kitchen over a SS range hood.

Conclusions I've come to regarding proper setup:
-54" Width Hood
-1200-1500cfm
-27" Depth
-10" Duct
-Roof/external blower w/ in-line sound suppressor
-integrated MUA system

Problem: I've spent hours going through every brand possibly mentioned on this site and EVERY insert I've seen (including the 48"-54" widths) seem to be 22" deep AT MOST!

I can't find any research/data/consensus on whether this is OKAY or if this will cause issues? Range will not be on an external wall but close (Short leg of "L kitchen" with long leg on exterior wall).

Will this be a problem for proper ventilation of effluent and contribute to greasing up my beautiful white custom cabinets?

Any and all feedback/suggestions are welcome and appreciated in advance including brand recommendations, system setup advice, etc. (And hopefully this thread serves to help future researchers with this situation). Thanks again.

Andrew

Comments (12)