SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ctlady_gw

Wolf wall ovens high temperature switch problems

ctlady_gw
11 years ago

Has anyone else had problems with the high temperature switch on Wolf wall ovens (30", double ovens) tripping after running a self-cleaning cycle? This is the second time the switch has tripped, necessitating a nearly $200 service call. I am told it is tripping (causing the lower oven not to heat) because it gets too hot when the UPPER oven is cleaned. Wolf has offered to replace it with a switch with a higher tolerance (though they don't like to because of the safety issues ... huh??!) BUT I have to pay another $150 or so in labor, as the ovens are 4 years old. This burns me no end, because I consider the location of the switch -- where heat from a regular self-cleaning cycle trips it but the consumer cannot easily reset it -- a serious design flaw. Why do I have to pay Wolf to correct their design flaw??! Apparently some customers have the switch trip EVERY TIME THEY CLEAN THEIR OVENS!! So Wolf sends out a new little switch... but the customer has to pay if the oven is out of the full 2-year warranty. This strikes me as outrageous: it is not a wear issue, nor a customer misuse issue. It is a problem with the design and location of the switch. Anyone else had this problem??

Comments (11)