SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tl45

moderate price electric glass top recommendations?

tl45
12 years ago

my budget for replacing my 20 year old GE Coil with attached OTR microwave just took an enormous hit due to needing to spend over $600 on dedicated 20a 120 circuit. (%#$#*! ouch!)

So I am looking at $700 to $800 list stainless or "stainleseque" glass top ranges which I expect I could get OTD for $600 to $650 since I have a few weeks to watch lowes/hd/sears.

Any particular dogs or particularly well regarded ones of current models?

requirements: electric glass top, self cleaning,

important preferences: reasonably accurate bake temperatures, one high output burner, time bake.

Ambivalences: convection. yes, it is a value, but it is another thing that can go wrong in the ever decreasing durability of all appliances.

consumer reports seems to be favoring the GE's. I am environmentally conscious as the next guy, but as consumer reports will give 100 points for a one watt savings, and no longer cares what actually falls apart, I take that with a grain of salt.

Yes I will be getting a OTR microave/exhaust. so knowing which matching unit. But I would rather not discuss that since when I warm up my coffee in that $250 microwave, with a $600 outlet, I will be grumpy enough.

Comments (14)