SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mikeb33

Bathroom floor plan opinions please

mikeb33
13 years ago

I have made some crude sketches on graph paper(1 square = 6") using MS paint. My original bathroom has 2 small closets, a double vanity, a 6' tub, and 4' shower. This is how it looks now

My plan is to not have a bathtub, and have a little nicer shower. We have a tub in the kids bathroom. I also want to maximize closet space.

Here is one of my ideas. It leaves the window in the bathroom and maximizes closet wall space. But now there are 2 doors from the bedroom and I would prefer bathroom and closet were connected.

This layout connects bathroom and closet but has the downside of window in the closet and the closet won't have as much shelving.

The last layout is like the 1st, except the vanities and toilet are on the outside wall. We live near Chicago so it gets cold, but I believe the plumbing can come through the floor. There is a basement below for plumbing changes.

My main problem with this is the toilet is under a window. The window is 2' wide by 3' high and comes to 42" from the floor. The back of the toilet is about 30" high. Is there a problem with this?

Any opinions will be appreciated.

MIKE

Comment (1)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor