SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
designergrey_gw

HMMMM....I guess I will never know. Craigslist purchase

designergrey
12 years ago

So I am in the market for new dishwasher and I had narrowed it down to Asko and Miele (I have read ALL the forum post so this isn't a M vs. A situation) and I thought I would check to see if there were any posting on Craigslist. I came across a post for Miele La Perla II in Orange County for about $700 less than retail. So I called and come to find out it isn't in CA but in Nevada. So there was back and forth about how I was going to get the unit, because I was going to pick it up while I was in CA and bring it back to New Mexico. Its brand new, and in its original crate.

Then I was talking to a friend and they brought up warranty and if something goes wrong. It all seemed a little to complex because it wasn't a simple pick-up and go like I thought it was going to be.

In the meantime I found out that I will probably be bringing my Niece and Nephew back to New Mexico with me so I wouldn't have room anyway. But he was still trying to work out a way to get it back to New Mexico with me splitting the freight cost.

Feeling kinda bad I knew that the deal was getting too complicated for my comfort level I called to cancel the deal because it was going to require me picking it up from a third party who would be bringing it from NV to CA. I'm still trying to figure out why list the dishwasher in CA when it is in NV. I do feel bad because the guy has been really nice and he said that he blew off a deal so he could help me out, but it is still going to be a $1,700 cash purchase and I would rather just get a lower end Miele or Asko.

It wasn't until he seemed a little bit upset that I'm feeling that something may not have been right about the deal, but I could be wrong. I asked about the warranty and how long he had the dishwasher so I could figure out how much warranty (if any) would be left. He said that it wouldn't start until the day I installed it. It is a private party sale and that just didn't sound right.

I do feel bad though. You gotta go with gut instinct sometimes and $1,700 will still buy a whole lot of dishwasher...just not a La Perla II. I've bout several nice things from Craigslist, but only locally.

Comments (7)