SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mattrowgeo

Help with kitchen reno PLEASE (fridge, hood, granite)!

mattrowgeo
14 years ago

After many months of lurking and sucking up the valuable information on these forums, I thought I would officially join in.

We are in the process of renovating our whole house including the kitchen. Budget is a huge issue. We have decided on an Electrolux dual fuel range. We were going to go with the elex french door fridge until I saw a Dacor millenium fridge with the price slashed almost $2,000. Would anyone go for a Dacor fridge over the elex given the price being the same?

Also, we need a hood fan and are really tight on budget. I know it wont live up to the venting systems most here seem to have, but we are choosing between a VentaHood PR9-130SS, the Ventahood SLH18-136SS (on clearance) or the Broan QS336SSN. At this point, we just want somthing that will work OK until we can upgrade.

We had originally selected a dark gray engineered quartz countertop. But, we ran accross a great deal on granite (a family contact). After looking at granite, we fell for Kashmir White (to go with our off-white painted perimeter cabints and 8ft long mahogany island). We love it, but are worried about durability/stains. We have 3 kids under 5 years old. Any thoughts?

Any suggesstions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (2)