SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
diplodicus_gw

LaCornufe amd Aga Legacy

Diplodicus
12 years ago

I have been offered an ex display LaCornufe at a very reasonable price -its duel fuel with five burners 43inch wide and looks really pretty. But one of the knobs is bent (they'll fix it), one door is handing lower than the other (they'll fix it) and they will install it and convert it to my gas etc etc. Lots of promises. The normal price is very high. I couldnt afford it so its really tempting. But I've had a really good look at it - it failed the thumb test you guys talk about - I could make the metal in the doors move with my thumb. The doors swing open but only open 90 degrees which feels restrictive. The bottom storage drawer bounces back when you try to close it (how much would a magnet have cost La Cornue?) and worst of all NOTHING FITS. THe racks all grate against the sides of the oven when you try to pull them out. Its as if they are a little too big. Its like they were made for a different appliance and were just put into this model. Well I have checked out two or three different showrooms now and they are all the sameso its not just this particular cooker. The grill is not ceramic (so it will smoke after use as a grill when you try to use the oven as an oven again). For all the hype and branding I am a little disappointed by it.

Ive looked at an Aga Legacy with an induction hob. Ok so it wont be the centrepiece of my kitchen the way the La Cornufe would but it has a separate grill and its induction (and it is still a whole lot cheaper). I cannot decide between the two.

Please help.

Dippy

Comments (16)