SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
spunbondwarrior

Before you 'Bank ' online this summer

spunbondwarrior
13 years ago

Since you, whoever "you" might just so happen to be, even if "you" turns out to be Dave Batista or Chris Jericho, you deserve to have a nice as worry free as possible summer. So:

I imagine that this will in some way make somebody mad for some reason, Whatever.....Anyway,Please,Just Read It.......

This is not an 'all about why you should run whatever' or 'Why I hate/love this/that/the-other os anyhing...

But PLEASE!!! Before you leave town for the summer or go anywhere and do ANY kind of, and I do mean ANY kind of what might be even remotely likely to be considered >>> financial PLEASE READ THIS AND START USING THE ADVICE THE PEOPLE THE BANKS THEMSELVES PAID EXTREMELY WELL FOR!!!! YES THE BANKS VERY OWN VERY WELL PAID FOR SECURITY CONSULTANTS 'ADVICE'!!!

http://blogs.computerworld.com/15815/can_ubuntu_save_online_banking

>>>> ' If you are using online banking you should be using a hardened system that is not used for anything else but online banking,' McLaughlin says. While the FDIC, American Banking Association and Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council have come out with similar recommendations for commercial customers, McLaughlin says consumers need to follow them as well.

Raimund Genes, chief technology officer at security software vendor Trend Micro, calls the security measures used for online banking in the U.S. 'a joke.' Any key logger can grab the user name, password and answers to challenge questions that banks commonly use to authenticate users today, he says. ' Read The Below Linked Article Thing!!! And Read It All!!!

Oh yeah.... And remember that the suggested software 'collections' or whatever you want to call them are almost all 100% priced at $0.00.

Then, come back to here and,

READ THIS!!!!:

http://thistleweb.co.uk/blog/27/04/2010/hobbyists-os

And, at the bottom of this post are three URL's that go/lead/link to/for a lot of the mentioned and recommended LiveCD's....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you do any kind of on-line banking or any other kind of investment or financial or bill-paying transactions of any kind ever at allfrom anywhere including the "safety" of inside your home, then please, read the linked article..............

THE LINKED ARTICLE MAY BE A WEEKS OLD, BUT THE ADVICE CONTAINED WITHIN THE ARTICLE HAS NO EXPIRATION DATE....

http://blogs.computerworld.com/15815/can_ubuntu_save_online_banking

This is pretty close to what I have been advising everybody I know regarding their use of on line banking services and their quest for online 'security' as well ......except that I have no real concern with what LiveCD anybody uses as they ALL offer the same sort of absolute security.

Anyway........................

PLEASE READ THIS AND START USING THE BANKS VERY OWN 'ADVICE', TODAY!

Please, before you leave town for the summer or go anywhere and do ANY kind of, and I do mean ANY kind of what might be even remotely likely to be considered >>> financial PLEASE READ THE LINK BELOW AND START USING THE BANKS VERY OWN 'ADVICE', TODAY! THEY AREN'T KIDDING YOU KNOW!!!!!

>>>> ' If you are using online banking you should be using a hardened system that is not used for anything else but online banking,' McLaughlin says. While the FDIC, American Banking Association and Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council have come out with similar recommendations for commercial customers, McLaughlin says consumers need to follow them as well.

Raimund Genes, chief technology officer at security software vendor Trend Micro, calls the security measures used for online banking in the U.S. 'a joke.' Any key logger can grab the user name, password and answers to challenge questions that banks commonly use to authenticate users today, he says. ' Read The Below Article Thing First!!! And Then, Read Everything Else On This Page, Links And All!!!

Oh yeah.... You need to know and remember too that the suggested software 'collections' or whatever you want to call them are almost all 100% priced at $0.00.

Then, come back to here and,

READ THIS!!!!:

http://thistleweb.co.uk/blog/27/04/2010/hobbyists-os

LINKS to/for at lot of LiveCD distributions:

www.livecdlist.com/

www.distrowatch.com

linuxmint.com/rel_isadora_whatsnew.php#mintbackup

HAGD

OK, All negative replies are welcome......Just don't forget to include your credit card numbers and expiration dates!!!

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comment (1)