SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susanandmarkw

Fridge Situation: What Would You Do?

susanandmarkw
16 years ago

So, it looks like weÂll have to get a new fridge. And IÂve started researching today. Immediately, I went back to my original "runner-up" choices: the Sub-Zero and the GE Monogram. Unfortunately, both specify a cut out dimension that is about 1-1/2", in overall width, smaller than what I have for the unit weÂve got now. The height measurements are also a bit different--a tiny bit larger--and we've got finished cabinets above our fridge. Arrgh!!! (Also, the Sub-Zero specifies water input and electric outlet in different place.) IÂve looked at a few others quickly (Thermador, etc.) and it seems to be the same story--nothing is exactly the same cut-out as what I've got now.

This really irks me. I picked the Jade because I liked the configuration (30.1 interior capacity, stainless interior, pull out glass shelves, etc.), and then I had the cabinetry built around it. If it worked, IÂd be totally happy. Now, I have the option of either an ever-lasting freezer dripping water all over my frozen food or spending $6,000+ on a new built-in fridge that wonÂt look built in (have a gap on either side).

What would you do? That IÂm put in such a position by the company I bought from, Eurostoves, really ticks me off.

Here is a link that might be useful: Previous Thread Detailing Fridge Issues

Comments (2)