SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
krmanda

His/Her vanity lighting and mirrors

krmanda
12 years ago

I know this is technically a lighting question, but think the bathroom forum is the more appropriate place to post.

We will be roughing in for plumbing and electrical beginning next week and I must decide on how to do my vanities, lighting and mirrors in the Master Bath.

Here is our plan:

"His" side has ended up being 35" and I can't remember the exact length of "her" side, but it is over double that.

I am a symmetrical person, but I can't figure out how to make these two vanities looks symmetrical. I was going to do two sconces on the sides of a framed mirror for the 35" side, but is that enough room? Then, for the larger side do a long vanity (no knee space) with sconce, framed mirror, sconce, framed mirror, sconce. But, what do I with the sink on the larger side, center or to one side? I was really hoping to use framed mirrors instead of a large wall of mirror and was trying to avoid 3 to 4 light sconces above the mirrors.

I even thought of only doing can lights then a chandelier type light hanging down in the area in front of the tub lined up with the water closet hallway and no sconces at all.

Any suggestions or pictures of your his/her vanities would be appreciated!

Comments (3)