SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
justthe5ofus_gw

Test drove the Lacornue on Sat.

justthe5ofus
16 years ago

I had the opportunity to cook on a LaCornue range and took it. I spent a good part of my day at the LaCornue dealer here in NH. When I walked in the showroom I was greeted by the owner who informed me that he had already started the standing 'bone in' pork rib roast to save me some time..(nice thought) While we cooked the roast, he let my husband and I use the french top and high powered burners to cook gravy, potato and carrots. I had gone to really find out how the natural convection vaulted oven cooked but was actually just as interested in cooking on the french top. The owner went over how each 'ring' cooked and we found that it made cooking fun and probably a lot easier once getting used to cooking with it. The range was a Castel 90... The range itself was beautifully done. They are what I believed them to be, the Rolls Royce of cooking. We are not in the market for the smaller Castel 90 series but we were impressed. the meat came out excellent. The crackling was nice and crisp but the roast itself was still moist and tender.. My parents have an Aga 4 oven slow cooker and I have to say that the results were comparable to even the Aga results. Our food was better than if it had been cooked in our current Wolf range. While we were there, a couple was cooking on the Cornue Fe range, they were getting baking lessons. Too funny.. Very impressive experience!

Comments (3)