SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sis2two

bill v.- are you out there still?

sis2two
11 years ago

I posted a question on the decorating site and am hoping that you are still available and can help me.

Since our tiled shower was put in 12 years ago we have had an issue with mildew on the caulk between the shower wall and floor. Have taken it out and reapplied caulk and the last time even had a professional tile person do it to make sure it was done correctly. Any suggestions regarding this? We have good ventilation and are using the proper caulk.

Upon researching this further, I learned that green board should never be used behind the walls of a tiled shower WHICH WE HAVE! So this is another concern even though we aren't having problems with the wall except for two tiny areas where grout has come out. Since cement backer board wasn't used, does this have to be redone?

The tile floor was put over what I recall looking like built up wood where the neoangle part of the shower is built up, some type of membrane and maybe some type of concrete? Does that make sense? The newer system used today was not used. Can I get your feedback? Thank you in advance.

Comments (7)