SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tlstanley_gw

Feedback appreciated on our house plan!

tlstanley
16 years ago

Hi Everyone!

I am a long time lurker in need of your opinions, suggestions, criticisms, etc. on the house plan we have finally selected. I have been diligently reading my way through all of the posts on this forum and am so grateful to have found such a wonderful group of knowledge people. :)

Here are the changes we have planned thus far:

1. Slab foundation (we are in TX and crawlspace/basements are rare).

2. Front entrance will be changed from a single to a double door entry.

3. Due to the slab foundation, the area under the stairs near the dining room will be shelved and utilized as glassware/large appliance storage.

4. A covered back porch will be added that will extend approximately 12Â from the back of the home and will run the length of the family room.

5. The built-in desk area off of the kitchen will be eliminated, and the pantry will be enlarged to include this space. The pantry entrance will be parallel to the laundry room door, but I am going to have a small double-door entry to limit the amount of hallway space obstructed by an open pantry door.

6. The seat in the laundry room will be changed to lower and upper cabinets.

7. The side entrance into the laundry room and porch will be eliminated and a window will be installed in its place.

8. The second floor bonus room is going to be decked with a/c and electrical, however, will not be finished during the construction phase due to budget constraints.

I really do appreciate everyoneÂs time and feedback and look forward to reading your comments. Have a GREAT day!

Here is a link that might be useful: Frank Betz Allenbrook Plan

Comments (14)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!