SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnalexandra

Sony Playstation offering Identity Theft Protection? Legit?

lynnalexandra
12 years ago

Hi. I could use help figuring out what the theft of data from Sony Playstation means to me. I know I'm not alone in being upset that they're not being more forthcoming. I have never bought games or anything else from them. But I did register when I set up my Play Station 3. When the data theft was first announced, I went to see what data I had there - but of course the site is shut down. As far as I remember, I would only have given an email address and password. I wasn't intending to buy and download content. I don't think I gave credit card information. But I honestly don't remember what information they required. probably also address, phone, etc.

Now today with this second breach, I received an offer for free identity theft protection. But I don't know if this is legit - or a scam from the very folks who stole this data. Here's the beginning of what the email said:

AllClear ID powered by Debix

Identity Theft Protection Offer for PlayStation�Network and Qriocity� Customers

Sony Computer Entertainment and Sony Network Entertainment have made arrangements with Debix to offer AllClear ID PLUS to eligible PlayStation�Network and Qriocity account holders in the United States who are concerned about identity theft.

-------------------------------------

They do have a link at the bottom to click and enter your email (same one as registered with Sony) to get the protection.

Any thoughts on this email offer?

Any thoughts on what I should do to protect myself?

Thank you.

Lynn.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio