SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
spendogirl

spendogirl's 100% DIY bathroom

spendogirl
15 years ago

Well, since I posted our renovated 80's nightmare kitchen, I thought I would pop over here and post our unbelievable nightmare of the main bathroom..

Whatever could go wrong, did go wrong with this renovation..

Again, like the kitchen, the bathroom was torn out right down to the studs, re-insulated, drywalled..the whole shabang..

The nightmare begain on first day of demolition when we discovered tons of rotted wood and mold under the 4 layers of old flooring and the old tub...it was obvious the previous owners just kept covering up problems.

Behind the tub surround we found funky blue tile, which was easily removed..

This bathroom underwent two renovations from us.. the first was a temporary solution to "clean up" the bathroom as it was when I moved in as you can see from the pictures below..

The second reno was about 6 months later to completely gut and redo..

Some basic facts.. we knocked out a wall to allow for a soaker tub..(used a closet from bedroom behind wall) and installed a walkin shower..

Entire bathroom was done with Kerdi and ditra...expensive, but in the long run..worth it..

The vanity was a basic cabinet and we added the posts, and used the all in one granit/sink combo as the top (its uba tuba)

It took approximately 4 months from start to finish.. it's been done for about a year now and I still enjoy walking into my tropical retreat...

I'll be happy to try answer any questions you may have..enjoy!

Comments (19)