SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sugar_fl

TV on the computer

sugar_fl
15 years ago

I saw in another site where U can view past TV shows on the computer from a site named Fancast.. I watched one show & then went back to the site where I got the url & at the bottom was this warning posted by another person:

A word of warning.. when accessing search sites that list episodes of various shows, always be aware that you are more than likely downloading from a third party site(other than the site you are searching shows at), and you could *easily* download a rootkit, trojan or virus from that hosts server/computer. Keep a *good* anti malware program installed on the computer and any other security programs(like McAfee SiteAdvisor). -I just went thru 4 hrs on the phone with a relative to clean his computer because of a malicious download from a 'tv episodes' search site. Not fun folks.

Is sites like this safe to go to? There is NOTHING to download. I scanned my computer & it is still clean.. maybe I was just lucky. I would sure like to be able to watch some shows I missed plus the luxury of no advertisements

Dar

Comments (4)