SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathyhc_gw

Faceplate and strike for mixed finish bathroom door hardware

kathyhc
13 years ago

I am remodeling my bathroom in a 1920's style building and trying to restore some of it's former charm and beauty.

I'm now in the final stages and trying to figure out the hardware for the bathroom pocket doors. The bathroom hardware (shower, faucet, etc.) is in polished nickel and the rest of the home is in unlacquered brass, which was common for the time period.

My current plan is to have the interior hardware be polished nickel to match the rest of the bath and the exterior hardware be unlacquered brass to match the rest of the home. My question is what should the faceplate and / strike finish be if the interior and exterior finishes are different?

What are your thoughts?

This is the hardware I'm thinking about currently from Rejuvenation: http://www.rejuvenation.com/fixshow99989/templates/selection.phtml?n=v&custom_code=h2lk&&custom_code=h2lk&new99989[MIXED_

As a side note, I installed the pocket doors as part of my renovation, because previously the doors swung into the bathroom making a small space seem even smaller. There are two doors - one leading to the master closet and the other leading to a hallway, so it can be both a bath for guests and an en suite bath for the master bedroom. The space definitely feels less claustrophobic now, but also creates more of a challenge for hardware.

Comment (1)