SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rrcrossing

Adios AdAware

rrcrossing
17 years ago

Faulty downloads, can't get updates. Causes me to question the competency of the outfit. Was a good piece of software.

Bob

Comments (6)

• grandms
    17 years ago

That's strange. I've had no problems whatever getting updates. In fact, I just updated one day this week and ran a scan.

• cat_ky
    17 years ago

No problems with it here either. I updated yesterday and ran a scan.

• owbist
    17 years ago

AdAware had problems about 4 years ago if my time machine remembers correctly. It took a while to get straightened out and I suspect they will try extra hard not to travel that road again.

Perhaps you need to clean out all the odd bits on your computer with a disk cleanup and try again. Like the others, I have had no problems updating and running mine.

• tuezday1
    17 years ago

There was a thread on this last week. I followed this link and solved my update problems.

Here is a link that might be useful: AdAware issues

• patches_02
    17 years ago

I'm having problems also. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. Went to the issues link and still getting the error it can't retrieve the updates. Have used this program for years. Haven't changed anything on computer either.

• grandms
    17 years ago

Try different servers on the update page. Sometimes if one doesn't work, another one will.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio