SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kelntx_gw

I am so mad!

kelntx
16 years ago

Did anyone who is building have to have their foundation surveyed before they poured? Our bank NEVER told us this needed to be done. When I paid for the boundary survey they initially told me it covered three surveys, the boundary, a easement and the final survey of the finished house. So a few weeks before our slab was going to be poured I called the survey company. Of course they claim they never told me the fee I paid covered all three surveys. So I emailed our loan officer to ask if they slab had to be surveyed and they told me NO, only the boundary and the final survey. Now our builder goes to take his first draw (which at closing they offered him to make a draw which he said no, he said he would make the first draw after the slab was poured) anyway, they will not release any funds to him because we didn't have the slab surveyed! I am so upset I can't see straight! I was even more mad last night and I am trying to settle before I call our loan officer. Our builder said he has NEVER had to have the slab surveyed before so it never crossed his mind and no one from the bank told us we ever had to have one done. The only reason I even knew about it was the jerk at the survey company told me I was getting three surveys done for the original price. Once I called to have them come out and survey they told me it would another $800 to do the slab so I told her to let me see if the bank needed it. Gesh, now I am repeating myself! LOL!

Oh, so sorry to vent like I am. I tried it on my sister and she was clueless, she did not have her house built. So I will try to not be so mad before I call the bank. Thanks for "listening"!

Kelly

Comments (17)