SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jillalameda

Tiny powder room sink challenge

jillalamedat
13 years ago

I would like to redo my powder room. The door is on one of the long sides, and there is no flexibility whatsoever to change the wall/door configuration.

It currently has a tiny corner sink that the door bumps into if it's opened too wide. I would like to move the sink around the corner to the short wall so I can put in a small furniture-look vanity for storage, but there is less than 14" between that wall and the door, which would be the depth of the vanity.

The only way I can think of to get this to work is to use a very narrow vessel sink because with a vessel the issue of having to have a few inches of countertop at the front and back of the countertop for structural support for a regular sink would not be a concern. And the faucet would need to come out of the wall.

My question is where I can find a vessel sink that's no larger than 13" front-to-back (outside dimension). And having zero experience with vessel sinks, I'd like to know if building code requires an overflow even if there is no stopper on the drain.

I'd want the sink to have clean, simple lines and be either basic white or natural stone.

Thanks!

Comments (3)