SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
emily928_gw

How can we make this sink work in our bathroom?

emily928
13 years ago

We recently redid our tiny half-bath, and I like the way everything looks except the sink. It's a basic pedestal sink from Lowe's, and we replaced a (very pink) pedestal sink, so the hook-ups were already there. But when my husband and his dad went to install the new sink and pedestal, it was several inches shorter than the other sink had been. We didn't want to have to get someone to re-do all the hookups, and plus the sink would seem really short to us, so my father-in-law who's pretty handy made a wood block to fit between the pedestal and the sink, and painted an aluminum strip to go around it and hopefully blend in with the sink. The paint chip matched the sink exactly, but it came out much whiter. Should we keep trying with a different paint color, or is there some other way to solve this dilemma? I don't really want to get a new sink because I like this one. I would have thought sinks would all be one height.

Here's a couple of pictures. The lighting makes the colors look strange though - the sink and toilet really are white, and the walls are tan. For some reason they all look sort of pink in the picture. The aluminum strip isn't as obvious as it looks in the picture - people we've showed the bathroom to haven't noticed until I pointed it out. But it still bothers me!

{{gwi:1474868}}

{{gwi:1474869}}

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County