SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cz_scrap

Vaulted ceiling in small room?

cz_scrap
10 years ago

I'm excited to have my own craft room in our new build. The architects plan calls for a vaulted ceiling in it(vaulted ceilings seem to be one of his specialties-can't think of the right word for it). I'm not real wild about them-we will have them in the great room, kitchen and dining room(all open to each other). My craft room is somewhat small-11"4' by 13"4' with 10 foot walls. Will the vaulted ceilings be too tall for that size room(sort of making it feel like a tunnel going up)? If I go with a flat ceiling(my preference) will it make the room seem smaller? There are windows at the angled walls to take advantage of an ocean view:) The rectangle behind the door is a book shelf, the smaller shape next to it is a fireplace(we are heating the top floor(which is the main living area) by fireplaces as we are building in coastal California)) and there are cabinets and counter along all walls(which I'm debating but that will be another post). The counter next to the door is waist high, the others are desk high. Hopefully I can attach an image. Any input would be appreciated.

Comments (4)