SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tjain_seattle

dacor classic gas cooktop vs dcs cdu304

tjain_seattle
10 years ago

Hello, My husband and I are a first time home buyer and for some unknown reason we ended up liking a home that needed kitchen updating as its first project :)

We haven't moved in yet - that's 2 weeks out...but we are hoping to get some updates in these couple weeks which includes replacing counter top and switching the electric cooktop out for a gas cooktop. The range is already on the island and has a downdraft. We are likely going to buy a Zephyr island hood. All other appliances will be over the course of the next year - no urgency.

At the moment I will appreciate you guys' insights/recommendations on the following list of stainless steel cook tops that I have shortlisted based on $1000 - $1200 budget for it. My requirements list is a 30" cooktop, 4 burners (better use of space) and ease of cleaning.

Here we go:

1. Dacor Classic model ($849): Its so cheap, it makes me nervous. The first cooktop I saw in the appliance store was a Dacor Reniassance model and fell in love with it primarily after I heard about its ease of cleaning - This model is in the list only because of bead blasted top :)
2. DCS CDU304 i like the layout but looks super bulky
3. GE Profile JGP940 meets most of my requirements except my concern for ease of cleaning

Anyone have experience with any of the above? Did they ever make your shortlist? Any insights truly appreciated!

Thanks for reading.

Comments (6)