SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sprice5105

need inexpensive way to cover exposed foundation - QUICK!!!!

sprice5105
15 years ago

We are supposed to finish our house and close the loan at the end of this month. We are really cutting it close.

The exterior still isn't finished but it is close. We need to finish the front porch and cover the exposed block foundation.

We have hardi-board siding but there is a band of framing covered with tyvek about 1'6" all the way around the house that we had planned on putting the cultured stone on.

However, we are over budget and now I would really like to save some money at the end of the build. I thought of just doing what I call stucco on the bottom (I don't think it is really stucco, more like mortar smeared on the block and then painted) but not sure if that can be done on the area with the tyvek.

I am not too concerned with giving up the stone because really when the landscaping is established in a couple of years, you wouldn't see much of the stone anyway.

Here is a picture before the backfill was done yesterday, there is much less block to cover than this shows but gives you and idea of the tyvek band I was talking about.

But I am panicked and need suggestions to get finished ASAP!!!

{{gwi:1475576}}

{{gwi:1475577}}

Comments (5)