SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
comtesse_de_provence

Replacing 27' double oven not sure what to choose... Viking or???

vintage_rose
11 years ago

My Frigidaire Galley 27" double oven is dying and I need to replace it. I have been looking around and am completely lost in all the choices. Also, it seems like whenever I think I might want something I start seeing all the negative comments.

I like Blue Star and have read positive things about this brand, but they don't make 27" and I do not want to cut into the cabinets. The next one I was considering is Viking, but I haven't been reading wonderful things about their products... the woman at the store recommended Kitchenaide as a good "middle of the road" choice, but I'm not sold on it either. Perhaps there's another brand out there I should consider?

The last appliance I purchased was a GE Profile dishwasher and that was a huge mistake. So I'm trying to be more careful this time.

Even though I'm not a gourmet cook, I would like something that will work when I need to use it... and that's relatively attractive. Any thoughts, ideas or experiences with different brands that might fit what I am seeking would be appreciated. My appliances are white so I need to stick with something in white as well. But stainless trim would be nice! Thank you!

Comments (9)