SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
piscesgirl

Advise - Need to select new bathroom paint tonight!

piscesgirl
10 years ago

Also posted this on the paint boards, but I know a lot of you folks have painted marble bathrooms so figured I would post here too!

Having a heck of a time with paint color for master bathroom. Every time I think I have a color I like I then see it at another time in the day and I hate it.

We want a "greige" color (beige/grey) leaning more toward the beige than the grey. We don't want anything with a blue, green, or purple undertone.

Colors I like during day looks green at night, colors I like at night look blush during day. Had to pick a color this weekend (day) for contractor and in a rush selected Benjamin Moore Tapestry Beige. Contractor painted it today and we saw it tonight and we hate it...husband says he wants it of the wall ASAP and says it looks like Hydroban or greenboard.

Does anyone have any color recommendations? Husband wants Revere Pewter, but I am concerned it may be too dark. Looked also at Edgecomb Grey but during the day it had a blush undertone. I am so lost.

Need to figure something out tonight if possible so contractor can repaint tomorrow and we don't delay the job. Ugh!

Bathroom details:
- Small 7.5'x7' bathroom.
- Lighting: One window, Cree soft white LED lights & 2 sconces
- Calcatta marble floor & countertop
- white ceramic subway shower with glass walls
- 82" espresso cabinet running length of one wall
- White wainscotting around remaining room. (so color paint will be in very small area of the room

Wish we had time to test many samples, but we don't so suggestions are much appreciated.

Comments (10)