SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
audrearobbins

Help! I think I have etching on my Tumbled Marble Tile Shower

AudreaRobbins
12 years ago

Hi. We purchased a brand new built home about 6 months ago... The shower floor is chocolate tumble marble stone tile, the walls are a different type tile that is flat. About a month after moving in, we began to see white spots show up as well as areas that look like chalky residue on the floor tiles. I have someone who comes to clean our home so I'm wondering if she is using a product that has etched the marble tiles. Can anyone tell me??? I want to know how to fix this asap before it gets worse. Also, we have a dark chocolate grout (although you cannot tell) but in areas around the shower stall, i am seeing darker grout that appears wet looking even though it's been over a day since anyone used the shower when i took the photos... Is my shower leaking? I need to know asap because if it is, we have the home warranty and want to use it before it runs out. Thanks again for any help! I've searched online for days and cannot find much info on this subject.

I am trying to post the photos of my shower floor but I am not seeing a browse button to upload the files. How do I add a photo?

Comments (2)