SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

Camera card causes Photoshop to freeze

alisande
14 years ago

After reading about different card options, I bought a Transcend Class 6 SD card for my new camera. The first time I put it in the card reader to run an image through Photoshop Elements 8 (which, by the way, was just before my computer suffered the malfunction that caused me to post here about the green motherboard screen), the program wouldn't recognize the card reader (a USB device) unless I removed the card. Insert the card, the drive disappears from the screen. Remove the card, the drive shows up again.

The computer seems to be working okay now, so I tried again with the SD card and PE8. This time the program froze and became ghosted when the card was inserted, and I got a "not responding" message at the top of the window. When I pulled the card out, the message went away and PE8 went back to normal. Earlier, PE8 worked just fine with a different SD card.

Oh, and tonight the camera flashed me a message: This card is not formatted for the camera. Is it standard procedure to format a new card before using? If so, could that be my problem? I've never done that routinely.

This card contains a very nice picture of my daughter-in-law. It's beginning to look as though I'm never going to see a larger version.

Thanks!

Susan

Comments (9)