SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
twinklenose

audacity recording volume problem

14 years ago

Good evening!

Hopefully, I can explain this problem alright....

For several years, we've happily been using Audacity.

Well, in mid-January we had a major problem--and just from reading some of the posts here tonight, I realize it may've been a faulty MS patch or virus, because--the computer wouldn't boot. Just a black screen with a message that some important file was corrupt or missing. No disk came with our computer, so all I could think to do was a System Recovery. Yes, the computer came back on, but, WOW, was it messed up! Most of our programs were missing. I managed to find and retrieve some by going into the highly restricted Owner's files in the C drive.

Here we are in March now, and I'm still having issues.

Anyway, our Audacity has gone haywire, despite even removing it and downloading the brand new one.... The buttons seem to all be working, however, when you press Record, all of a sudden, the volume starts shooting up very quickly, like it's fixing to blow the speakers! For the life of me, I can't find the source. I've checked every audio file in every program I can think of and changed things around, then changed them back again, but it's still haywire.

So far, this only happens in Audacity.

Our Windows Media Player and Free Sound Recorder programs sound perfectly fine.

Thank you for your help.

Comments (7)