SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marymt_gw

New vanity has drawers where pipes are.

marymt
14 years ago

I may need to post this on the plumbing forum, but we just bought a new vanity from HD, and it has drawers on one side and below. From my measurements, the drain pipe hits right where the upper drawer glide is. And because it bends (though we'd have to bend it to the left rather than the right), it comes out more than 7", too deep to pull the vanity forward. Cutting the backerboard would weaken the drawer connection (?).

I think you're not supposed to have too many bends in a drain pipe, so I think it would just have to be moved? Is that right? You can see photos in the link below. The colorful paper spot is where the drain would hit.

I think I may just have to get another vanity, but I did like all those drawers. I'm surprised it's a stock item, given that I would think a lot of people would have this problem. Lowes has one with smaller drawers (a third of the cabinet instead of 1/2).

In fact, future plumbing work would be extremely difficult in this small space....

Does anyone know if it's possible to reconfigure the pipe or very expensive to move it?

Here is a link that might be useful: pipes and vanity

Comments (7)