SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grandms

Help with software

grandms
15 years ago

Over a year ago I downloaded and installed Sun's Star Office 8. It was shareware, I think. But I never used it and do not know from where I downloaded it, as I deleted the download file. Here's the problem: I have tried to remove the program from Add/Remove and get the message "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'staroffice8.msi' in the box below."

Here is what I have done so far: tried a repair, same result. Downloaded Star Office 8 shareware and attempted to install. I get a message that there is an older version that must be removed before this can be installed. I used the file path to the installation package containing 'staroffice8.msi' in the new download but again got the message that this is a newer version and the older must be removed first. I really do not want to install and use the newer version----I just want to uninstall the version I have on my computer.

Need some help in doing this. I am running Windows XP.

Comments (14)