kats_meow

Bath Feedback (take 2)

kats_meow
12 years ago

This is the link to my previous thread:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/bath/msg071410329876.html

Here is the new plan:

{{gwi:1472687}}

Both master bath and bath 2 are meant to be generally handicap accessible. We don't have a current need for it but want to plan for that possibility.

The showers will not have a curb or any raised entry. The master bath shower will not have a door. Bath 2 shower will have a door. All doors into the bath are 36" doors.

A few questions:

1. I made the master bath shower a little smaller. Given the new size and the fact it will not have a door if I put both shower heads (and probably body sprays) on the same exterior wall (as shown? on the plan) will water stay in the shower? Would it be better to have one shower head on that wall (moving it a little to the right so it is closer to the corner) and then putting the other showerhead on the right exterior wall?

2. In Bath 2, we plan to add a wall and 3' pocket door between the vanities and the toilet/shower area. The width of that area would be 2'8". While I don't think we need a full ADA 5' turning radius I think that width is a bit too tight for wheelchair access. Would it be enough to add 4" width to that area (what the designer suggested) or would that still be too tight.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor