SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
turkeynutz

Appliance Nightmare......

turkeynutz
13 years ago

I am a first timer on here and looking for some help. I am lost for words on deciding what appliances to put in my new house. So many comments and great points of view make it very hard to decide and lean you back and fourth. I know many different threads have covered the same angle as this one and most are probably tired of reading and posting about it, but I need help and there is nothing beter to ease your mind then the comments from another person who has actually used and experienced the product you are thinking of purchasing. Even though I am leaning towards certain brands the comments I may read on hear will weigh heavily on my decision. I am looking for dependability along with quality in the average to above average price range. Me and my wife love to cook and entertain. Wolf/Thermadore may be a little to far out of my price range. The package I was looking at was the DCS 48" range cooktop, DCS 30" double ovens, 2 DCS single dishdrawer (dishwasher, not to solid about this choice yet because I have not seen anything positive on this dishwasher and seems like a lot of money), and a Kitchenaid 48" built-in fridge. Any help or comments with these products will be great. I have seen a many good things about Bluestar cooktops, how do their prices compare to the competition? Also, does this brand also offer other appliances and are they made of the same quality? My last question is for kitchen design. What is everyones preference on putting slide away microwave and a sink in the kitchen island? Looking for any kind of feedback good or bad. I can't thank you enough and will be delighted to post or help anyone in the same boat after the decisions are made and I have had time to use the products. Oh, one last thing is it a bad idea to go with a built-in fridge (for maintance purposes or nightmare in picking another fridge hopefully 20 years down the road)? Thanks again to all and will be waiting for some feedback.

Comments (10)